Saturday, January 8, 2011

Unto Every Nation...

It is no secret that I love to read! It is one thing that I don't get to do nearly often enough (atleast for my own enjoyment...textbooks do not count!!). I have made it a goal to do more non-school-related reading considering my list of books to read is about a mile long, no big deal :) However, every once in a while you come across a school book that you actually enjoy reading and don't mind when the chapter you are assigned is really long...
I am taking a class this semester called LDS History: International Church. The "textbook" we are reading is a book called Unto Every Nation by, Donald Q. Cannon and Richard O. Cowan.

I HIGHLY recommend reading this book! It is a brilliant way to look at the development of the church over the years!
Within the first few chapters are some real incredible stories of missionary work and miracles. It has already started to strengthen my testimony and I am not even that far into it. Trust me, this is one of those books that will be helpful in all aspects of life!
Don't be surprised if there are more posts about this, my new favorite, book.

P.S. If you hate to spend money, or don't have the money to spend on books (me!) I would be more than happy to let you borrow mine! After the semester ends, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment