Monday, January 24, 2011

Family is everything....

I have an amazing family. They are all so wonderful and I am so blessed to have them in my life. So while I sit here and procrastinate doing homework, wishing I was at home watching a movie with them, I thought I'd share a poem my extremely talented brother wrote.
Keep in mind he is a prodigy...he wrote this in 10 minutes at the hospital....brilliant.




The Wind Still Blows
By: Jake Ostler




The wind still blows,

The trees still sway,

The moon still comes up when the sun goes away,

Birds still sing,

Bells still ring,

Even though we think we’ll never be the same.



The stars still shine,

The flowers still grow,

Even though it doesn’t seem like the world can still go.



You can’t change the inevitable, but it sure can change you.



Things will always happen, both good and bad,

But you need to remember not to be sad. Because you know the plan.

You know in the end everything works out.



The snow still falls,

The pen will still write.

Though you miss him,

Everything’s alright.

He’s in a better place now.

Smiling down at you

Cheering you on in everything you do.



Though the times are rough

Life still goes on,

Music still plays,

Lights still turn on.



People will suffer, some will thrive,

But we need to move on if we want to survive.



So when it gets rough,

Like we know it will

We must remember

No matter how we feel

Life still goes on;



The wind still blows…

The trees still sway…

We will all live with him together someday

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Tell Jake this is amazing! (as if he doesn't already know) hahaha! I love you so much! Let me know if you need anything like lunch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emily,
    Can I just tell you that i love coming to your blog. Partially because your music is just so excellent! Plus, you're just excellent!

    Love Jana!

    ReplyDelete