Monday, March 31, 2014

The Proposal...

John really wanted the proposal to be a surprise and I did too (even though I am the worst at having surprises because I need to know every detail before it actually happens). But I knew he was excited about it so I tried to stay out of it as much as possible. Of course, he did the perfect job and I couldn't have been happier!

It was a Monday so I really wasn't expecting it. While I was at work we made plans to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner that night (which is a pretty typical thing for us so I didn't think anything of it). I was first suspicious when we planned the time because he moved it later than we normally plan, but I had had a weekend of thinking it was going to happen and it didn't so I was very much so trying not to get my hopes up and thought nothing of it.

Unfortunately I ended up working a lot later than I had planned and so I was rushing to get home and John was getting really anxious and that got me even more suspicious but I really didn't want to be wrong again so I really tried not to think about it some more.

I finally got home and we headed to the restaurant. We were almost there and he pulled over and parked on the side of the street. I was starting to ask what was going on and really getting my hopes up and he said we were going to walk to the restaurant from there. I was like ok no this is weird we are lazy haha. Suddenly John points to the entrance to a music venue we have been to a few times and says something like, "oh look live bands tonight" and goes inside.

We walk in and the room is filled with candles and there is a screen in the middle of the room with a projection of a picture of John and I on it. We sit down on stools and the music starts and a slideshow John made (with all our 8+ years of pictures) starts playing with the cutest songs. At the end it said, "Will you marry me?" He then got down on one knee and asked me. It was so perfect I was so happy to finally be official and be able to tell people our plans.

Little did I know it wasn't quite over yet, both of our parents walked in and congratulated us. We all went to dinner (at our favorite Mexican restaurant) and it was completely perfect.

At dinner we called our families and shared in the good news. I really am so grateful for John and all the planning and hard work that he did to make this so special. He truly is incredible and I am so lucky to have him.

And now to the real important part….all the pictures :)



























No comments:

Post a Comment