Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pre Engagement Business….

RING SHOPPING:
After telling our parents and the incredible reactions they had we couldn't wait to go ring shopping and get everything started.
This was a totally different experience than I ever expected! It was frustrating/fun/exciting/confusing/cool/surreal and tested my patience at times (even though it only took a couple of weeks). Things really fell into place and worked out perfectly it was so crazy.
The first time we went out it was kind of late so we just went to some jewelry stores in the mall to get a feel for what we needed to look at and know. A while before all of this I had found this gorgeous ring on this iPhone app and immediately fell in love. They said it was at a store in Provo so that was kind of cool but we weren't even close to ring shopping so I just obsessed over it quietly. When it came time to ring shop I knew I had to try this one on so that if it wasn't it I would be able to stop thinking about it and move on to the right one. We went to the store that was supposed to have it and asked about it and they told us that that collection had to be ordered in they didn't carry it in stores and they showed me the picture that I had been staring at for months. Disappointment was an understatement but I had also found some different styles that I had really loved as well, so I figured oh well not meant to be (I couldn't imagine getting a ring I hadn't tried on, I know I have a problem with control haha). They were still going to look into getting the measurements so I could maybe try to visualize it (and so they could try and make a sale). But we left and set a plan on where we would go next.
The next day (3/6/14) I was at work and got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize, of course I couldn't answer it because I was at work and they left a message. I got a text a few minutes later and it was the girl that had helped us at the jewelry store. She said that the rep from the collection we were interested in was there in their store and had the ring we wanted to see. I FREAKED out! But of course they would only be there for the next 30-45 minutes so I had to come then. I hurried and left on my lunch break, called John freaked out to him told him I would send him pictures and videos and drove (calmly) to the store. I got there rushed in and saw it, and instantly knew it was perfect. John saw the pictures and videos and knew it was perfect as well. The next night we went in and ordered it. But the hardest part came with finding a diamond (who knew that was harder than finding the ring???). That took longer than we wanted but again we found the perfect one and quickly finalized everything. It was truly meant to be and I cannot express my gratitude to Heather and Goldsmith enough. We were so happy with their support and service! 
Because I was involved in picking the ring I knew when it was ordered and how long it was supposed to take to get here. Ladies, I highly recommend not knowing that piece of information if you are picking out your ring. It drove me crazy counting down the days and having no idea if it would come in early or late. Let's just say I did my hair, make up and nails more in those 10 business days than I ever have. 


SUNDAY MARCH 16, 2014:
I was really set on waiting to tell anyone until the engagement because what's the point of announcing you are engaged if everyone already knows you were planning on it?? But we decided it would be best to tell our siblings and I was so excited to do so. We were getting together with his family for Ivy's baby blessing. After coming up with a plan we figured this was going to be our best opportunity to have everyone together for awhile. The blessing was perfect and after we hung at Emily and Jason's for awhile and then people started to trickle out. We were getting nervous because we didn't want any of the immediate family to leave but we also knew that this wasn't our event and we couldn't control who stayed and chatted. Luckily we were able to wait out everyone else and convinced the family to stay. Then we handed each couple an envelope…

They were all thrilled and I was so happy we told them this way! It was another fantastic day filled with  love and support. We quickly realized how amazing this journey was going to be with the perfect friends and family that we have.

I called my brother Ben to let him know shortly after and unfortunately Jake didn't know until the actual proposal because he was away at school. Their support (with Josh's) was seriously so important to me because I love them and respect their opinions. They were all so much more excited than I ever expected and that left me feeling so much peace and joy!

We are so blessed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment