Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby, all I want for Christmas is you....

December (or should I say Decemberrrrrr) is here! Bringing with it plenty of snow and freezing temperatures. Along with the cold comes the special holiday spirit. I'm not quite sure how it works but there is something that happens every year when December rolls around. People are cheery and everywhere you go there is this peaceful feeling in the air. Maybe I am just living in my own holiday fantasy world but everything is better at Christmas time. I love the lights, the snow, the hot chocolate, the music, the movies, the decorations, the trees, and spending time with family. It seems as though for a few short weeks everyone slows down and focuses on the things that matter most.
Although this December hasn't exactly started out as magically as I would've liked (rent is due, projects and papers due, finals looming just around the corner) I am soaking in the music, my Christmasy scentsy, and all the decorations to keep the spirit alive.
There are so many wonderful traditions that I look forward to around Christmas time but here are the top 10 things I'm looking forward to this year......
  1. Decorating our Christmas Tree
  2. Reading the Christmas story in my New Testament class
  3. The Forgotten Carols with the family
  4. The Ostler Family Christmas party
  5. Finals being done
  6. The Festival of Trees
  7. The annual Temple Square trips with the chicas
  8. Christmas Eve at Gordon and Jill's
  9. Watching my brother's faces when they open their gifts
  10. The Stalling's Christmas party on Christmas Day
I am so excited for what this season has to give. I hope that I will be able to help others enjoy this time for it truly is the most Wonderful time of the year!

For those of you who have never seen Michael McLean's The Forgotten Carols I strongly suggest you try and go sometime. It is a wonderful story and my Christmas wouldn't be complete without it! This song was written by Michael McLean and I think it's a great way to keep in mind what the true holiday spirit is. ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. um,festival of trees...why have we not gone together before!!! my favorite thing ever!

    ReplyDelete